Welcome to Wet’n’Dry SUP the Paddleboarding School of WetnDry Boardsports. We are your local Stand-Up-Paddleboard/SUP school offering the best quality lessons, hire, rentals and tours in and around Essex. Locations include: Leigh-on-Sea, Southend-on-Sea, Basildon, Rayleigh and Chelmsford. Our lessons take place on our secluded private lake, the beautiful River Chelmer or the Thames Estuary. Learn all you need to know about Stand-Up-Paddleboarding in our 2-hour BSUPA (British Stand Up Paddleboard Association) Ready to Ride course. WetnDry Boardsports is based near Rayleigh in Essex, which is under an hour from central London by train or car!
WetnDry Boardsports was established in 1995 by father and son team, Graham and Jamie Dodds who have been involved in the Boardsports industry for a over 50 years. At WetnDry we always pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service whether that be on your Paddleboarding lesson or choosing your first Board with us in store. Our team of Boardsports experts are always happy to offer advice on anything, no matter how small it may seem.
Any questions give us a call at WetnDry Boardsports on: 01268 569988 or email us at Info@wetndryboardsports.com
In accordance with Government and BSUPA guidelines, we can now teach Paddle Boarding in groups of 5.
Please make sure you read the following safety guidelines before you book your lesson.
- All our lessons are now taking place on our Private SUP Lake, the meeting point will be at WetnDry Boardsports. Your instructor will contact you a day before the lesson to confirm meet time. Please observe social distancing for this.
- All bookings for lessons must be made online prior to the start of your lesson.
- Do NOT attend your lesson if you or any of your household are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
- When on your lesson, please remain at least 2 meters apart from other students and your instructor.
- You need a basic level of fitness and be able to swim to participate in this lesson. You will need to be able to get back on your Board yourself if you fall off, or be able to swim to the side unaided.
- Do not exchange equipment with anyone else on your lesson. This includes Paddles, Buoyancy Aids, Boards etc.
- All equipment will be disinfected before and after your lesson.
- We will have hand sanitiser on site. Please use this before the start of your lesson and before you leave.
- Please bring suncream and a drink with you. For safety reasons we cannot top up water bottles for you.
- There are no changing facilities on site, so please make sure you bring a towel or changing poncho.
- There is no toilet on site at the SUP lake.